Virgin Atlantic has launched a new must-have iPhone and Android app for globetrotters heading off on their holiday. Trip Journal is Virgin Atlantic’s fourth app in its collection and allows travellers to log their holiday experiences and share them with family and friends wherever they might be around the world.
This free app, created in conjunction with development partner iQuest, allows users to upload their holiday experiences with photos, videos and notes and share their experiences with friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Picasa and Flickr. The app also includes destination guides and travel tips from Virgin Atlantic’s social community vtravelled.com.
Fergus Boyd, (acting) Head of E-Commerce at Virgin Atlantic commented “we are really proud to unveil our new app and look forward to seeing our passengers share their holiday experiences online.
This app is another free service we are offering for our customers and yet another great example of how Virgin Atlantic continues to innovate in mobile and social media.”
The app offers users the following functionality:
- Route tracking using GPS technology one of the most accurate tracking solutions available
- Record and edit waypoints for destinations you’ve visited (using automatic and manual positioning)
- Log your location automatically for all waypoints
- Tag photos and videos and share with friends and family across the world.
- Add gallery photos and video to previously created waypoints
- Add comments
- Write notes in the journal to highlight your holiday experiences
- View and manage multiple and previous trips
- Map View – track the progress of your trip in real time, browse your trip photos, view where your videos and waypoints are on the map, and zoom in and out using the map controls available.
- Trip Archive – you can store as many trips as you like in the archive, browse them at any time and share your memories with your friends and family.
- View real time trip stats
- Share your trips in real time with family and friends via Facebook