New LCC for Southeast Asia

 

A memorandum of understanding (MoU) has been signed by Nok Air and Scoot to launch a new budget airline, to be based in Bangkok.

Operating both medium and long-haul international routes, ‘NokScoot’ will expand Nok’s overseas presence, offering Thai travellers more choice and value, while encouraging inbound tourism and boosting the Thai economy.

The new airline will require an initial investment of ฿2 billion, with Nok holding a 51 percent stake in the carrier, while Scoot will possess the remaining 49 percent.

“Thailand is Asia’s premier tourist destination and in supporting Nok on this venture, we look forward to developing a new market segment and offering Thai consumers and travellers to Thailand more options,” Scoot chief executive Campbell Wilson said.

Source = ETB News: L.B.
Pin It

Comments are closed.