Qantas has upgraded its iPhone app* with a smarter and more personalised interface to help streamline the day of travel experience for customers.
The new version delivers real-time information and alerts customers to the steps they need to take to check-in, get to the airport, navigate the terminal, board the aircraft and collect their bags.
Optimised for iOS7, the app has also retained its original features including the ability to buy airfares, book a hotel, view Frequent Flyer points and create sale and special offer fare alerts to preferred destinations.
Qantas Domestic Chief Executive Officer Lyell Strambi said the app’s improvements are a response to customer feedback and the drive to provide a smarter, more tailored experience.
“Our customers wanted to be able to see at a glance when they need to check in, leave for the airport or head to the gate. They wanted an even simpler way to check-in, and greater access to up-to-the-minute departure information. The latest version of the Qantas Airways app delivers on this,” said Mr Strambi.
“It creates a personalised travel timeline to make airport departures and arrivals a breeze.”
“As a full service travel companion, the app anticipates all your travel needs – putting timely and relevant information in your hand when you need it. This lets our customers focus on the meeting they are flying to or the holiday reading they bought for their trip.
“The app also lets us keep our more regular flyers informed and up-to-date while they’re on the move. User recognition lets Qantas Frequent Flyers monitor their points balance, view upcoming flights at a glance and make bookings easily.”
“Over half a million customers are already enjoying the benefits of our app, with these new considered enhancements we expect even more customers to embrace the app.”
- Recommends the best method of check-in (mobile, online or airport) (NEW)
- Provides flight and boarding time alerts (NEW)
- Lets customers know what time they will need to leave for the airport using their current location (NEW)
- Locates the best route to get to the airport pulling data from Google Maps (NEW)
- Reminds customers which lounges they have access to and where they are in the airport terminal (NEW)
- Delivers up to the minute flight status information (NEW)
- Shows the customer which gate they are boarding from (NEW)
- Notifies the customer which baggage carousel their luggage can be retrieved from (NEW)
- Gives the customer access to travel deals and discounts via personalised sale alerts (with the option to be alerted by price preference and/or destination)
- Enables customers to search and book flights and hotels
- Makes it easy to share deals and discounts with friends and family
- Shows Frequent Flyers their points balance and next flight information at a glance
The Qantas Airways app for iPhone is available now for free in the iTunes App Store. An Android Version will be released later in this year. Other Qantas apps on the market include the Qantas Frequent Flyer app that helps Frequent Flyers locate Qantas Frequent Flyer partners on the go and Qantas’ inflight magazine Qantas The Australian Way, is also available for iPads.
*Search for Qantas App for iPhone in the app store from 3pm today.