Carnival confirms its Fashions-on-the-Spirit line-up
Carnival Cruise Line has secured some of the most inspiring and enviable fashion stylists and brands to set sail on this year’s Melbourne Cup Cruise, providing guests with hot-to-trot fashion tips.
Alongside the racing trivia, stories and betting masterclasses, guests will be invited to ‘Fashions-onthe-Spirit’ with iconic Australian brands, stylists to the stars and award-winning Australian Milliners.
The event will be hosted by renowned Australian newsreader, author and journalist, Tracey Spicer. Tracey will also be judging the ‘best dressed’ guests onboard.
Australian stylists and brands confirmed to join the Fashions-on-the-Spirit event include:
- Personal shopper and online stylist, Katie Perry, will be styling the event and offering workshops onboard. Katie has styled celebrities including Amanda Keller, Bianca Dye and Zoe Sheriden. Katie gives men and women the confidence to understand what look best on them
- Australian designer, Leina Broughton, will ensure our models are race-ready in an array of pieces from her extensive collection. Leina started the label in 2010 and is proud to say that all garments are designed and made in Australia
- Award-winning milliner, Serena Lindeman, has been making hats for over 20 years and has had the honour of putting hats on racing royalty heads, including Michelle Payne and Amanda Elliot. Serena will also be sharing some of her millinery secrets with guests at a special workshop
- Male models will be adorning hats by the Australian-owned and family run Aussie icon, Akubra in Fashions-on-the-Spirit
Already confirmed to join Carnival Spirit’s Melbourne Cup 2018 sailing are some of Australia’s most well-known racing experts and personalities:
- Former sports broadcaster and racing enthusiast, Damian Kelly
- Darren ‘The Gauch’ Gauci, one of Australia’s most successful jockeys
- Wendy Green, owner of 1999 Melbourne Cup winning horse, Rogan Josh
- “The voice” of Victorian Racing” for 36 years and renowned Melbourne Cup race caller, Greg Miles OAM
- Former star jockey, Steven King, best known for riding ‘Let’s Elope’ to victory in the 1991 Melbourne Cup
Race day enthusiasts will also be offered a range of fun-filled racing activities during their cruise:
- Exclusive Degustation Dinner with special guests*
- Sweepstakes with prizes and racing activities
- Betting Masterclasses with Damian Kelly
- Prizes for ‘best dressed’ and ‘most creative’ outfits
- Racing trivia
- Melbourne Cup edition of the Mad Hatter High Tea hosted by Wendy Green*
- Bloody Mary Recovery Brunch*
- And much more!
Carnival Cruise Line Vice President, Jennifer Vandekreeke, says “This year’s line-up is bigger and better than ever. Our guests will be immersed in the Melbourne Cup from the moment they board with exclusive insider tips and advice from some of the most iconic racing personalities, fashion brands and stylists in Australia. Cruising with Carnival is the most fun way to enjoy the race that stops a nation.”
The six night cruise on Carnival Spirit will set sail from Sydney on Sunday 4 November to arrive in time for the Melbourne Cup on Tuesday 6 November. The cruise fare includes General Admission tickets to the Melbourne Cup at Flemington and Crown Oaks Day races, plus transfers from the ship.
Whilst Carnival Spirit’s Melbourne Cup cruise will be a six day fiesta for racing fans, Carnival is also pleased to announce that sister ship Carnival Legend will have a special guest onboard during the Cup this year – Melbourne Cup winning jockey Michael Clarke.
Michael won the Cup whilst riding ‘At Talaq’ in 1986. Carnival Legend will be sailing on a 12 night cruise to New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Fiji. Carnival Legend guests will be invited for a Q&A, photo opportunities and the chance to join Michael for a Degustation Dinner* – plus he’ll no doubt be happy to share his Cup winning tips.
For more information about Carnival Cruise Line’s Melbourne Cup cruise and to book please visit your travel agent, carnival.com.au or call 13 31 94.