We all know the tired old saying of “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas !”. Its a cliché, but exists because whatever happens in Vegas is so happy there, it wants to stay forever! – Cheesy, but true !
With an arid climate, days in Vegas can be searing, and even night times are often warm. If your clients have a choice, head to Vegas in March, April, May, October or November.
Las Vegas is a relatively new city/destination, with settlers having arrived in the late 1800’s. Construction of the hoover dam in 1928 bought thousands of workers to the area, with gambling set to be legalised in 1931.
Being a relatively sparsely built, there were no boozy slushies…yet !, but the town slowly grew under the weight of gambling heavyweights. Eventually, came what we now know of as The Strip.
Most people know that the current strip isn’t in the original location. Famous casino’s such as the Golden Nugget, Binions Horseshoe, Eldorado Club, the Freemont Hotel and the Four Queens were all located on Freemont Street; now a tourist attraction with giant video screen roof. Las Vegas Boulevard is the official name of The Strip section of Vegas, but pretty much nobody would ref to that name.
Some of the best things to do and see in or around Las Vegas include (apart from the Casino’s and hotels of course !:
1. Catch a helicopter (very reasonable pricing) to the Grand Canyon; remote, but with style.
2. Cirque Du Soleil, theatre shows and superstar dinner and show packages. Catch Penn & Teller, Absinthe (Caesars Palace), and even our own Human Nature ! Check out the Blue Man Group (luxor), Magic Mike Live (Hard Rock)
4. Quad bike rides and mine tours.
5. Take a bus to see where the famous ‘Pawn Star’ show is filmed; you might even pick up a bargain.
6. Get married to your loved one in one of the many Elvis inspired chaplains !
roomsXML has 136 properties on and off the strip.
roomsXML has over 96,000 properties worldwide. If you are unsure about which property to book, always check for the ‘Preferred’ logo next to the hotel; that means its been recommended by other Travel Agents. Thanks for Wikitravel for the tips.