Regal Princess second ship activated with Princess MedallionClass
Princess Cruises announced that it is now preparing Regal Princess as the second ship fully activated with Princess MedallionClassTM experiences that are currently delivering enhanced and personalised cruise holidays to guests onboard Caribbean Princess. Regal Princess will be fully activated for her Caribbean Season starting February 17, 2019. The Princess OceanMedallion, included complimentary, is a wearable device that elevates the guest experience by delivering enhanced experiences and personalised service resulting in high guest satisfaction scores.
The news follows Princess Cruises’ recent announcement that Regal Princess will be deployed in Sydney for her maiden Australian season from December 2020 to April 2021.
Considered a breakthrough in the cruise industry and recently honoured with a CES® 2019 Innovation Award, the OceanMedallion features leading-edge technology that delivers personalised service through enhanced guest-crew interactions, eliminates friction points and enables interactive entertainment.
Princess MedallionClass Vacations offer guests a portfolio of experiences specifically designed to enhance their cruise holiday, including:
- Fast ship boarding with OceanReady™ – guests who arrive at the terminal with travel documents (i.e. passports) uploaded to their profile have a personalised check-in process that starts their holiday with ease. Personalisation starts pre-cruise by guests becoming OceanReady while at home.
- On demand beverage delivery: Using smart devices, guests have the ability to order drinks usingOceanNowTM and have them delivered directly to them throughout the ship and even in their stateroom.
- The best Wi-Fi at sea: MedallionNet™ is fast, reliable, affordable and unlimited. MedallionNet provides land-like speeds that allow guests to stay connected from anywhere on the ship including staterooms which are each equipped with a Wi-Fi access point. With MedallionNet guests easily share holiday experiences with friends and family back home, stream TV shows, movies and sports events, and even make voice and video calls.
“Our guests have been absolutely wowed by OceanMedallion vacations on Caribbean Princess, and we are proud to roll-out the full Princess MedallionClass experience on Regal Princess starting early next year,”said Jan Swartz, President of Princess Cruises, the world’s largest international premium cruise line. “With two Princess MedallionClass ships sailing in the Caribbean, we continue on our path to fleet-wide activation providing even more guests an enhanced level of personalised service.”
Princess Cruises’ Senior Vice President Asia Pacific, Stuart Allison, said this was great news for the Australian cruise industry. “Australians are avid cruisers and we are excited that Regal Princess, which will be based from Sydney in the summer of 2020, will be the second ship in the fleet to be fully activated. Our guests can look forward to tailored experiences onboard that take service to the next level,” said Stuart.
Other innovative features of the Princess MedallionClass experience include:
- Keyless Stateroom Entry: Access to staterooms is a seamless experience where each guest is securely validated and the door automatically unlocks with personalised greetings displayed on the door portal.
- OceanCompass™: OceanCompass leverages the Princess Medallion to enable point-to-point wayfinding through-out the ship. OceanCompass guides guests throughout their journey, providing directional information so they can seamlessly navigate to their next point of interest.
- MedallionPay™: An easy to use payment feature, enabling crew members to focus on meaningful guest interactions.
- OceanCasino™: On smart devices and select portals, guests can wager real money on games, including slots, poker, bingo, roulette, keno and lottery from anywhere on board.
- OceanViewTM: Guests can stream more than 100 hours of award-winning Ocean Original travel shows to their smart device anywhere on the ship at no cost – content which airs nationally on weekends on ABC and NBC.
- PlayOceanTM: On portals located throughout the ship, guests play family games, including trivia, word jumble, a matching game and Ocean Treks Adventure – an interactive, ship wide digital scavenger hunt. PlayOcean also transforms guests’ mobile devices into game controllers for interactive gaming on the massive Movies Under the Stars screen.
Princess MedallionClass experiences activate a travel industry first on an Experience Internet of ThingsTM(xIoTTM) platform using a guest-centric approach that helps maximise a cruise vacation in real-time based on guests’ choices and preferences. The result delivers enhanced personalisation on a large scale across every aspect of a cruise holiday
The OceanMedallion was first unveiled by Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald at CES 2017 and was a key factor in Fast Company recognising the corporation with two Innovation and Design Awards that same year.