Make a difference with Shinta Mani Angkor
The Shinta Mani Foundation (SMF) seeks to be a leader in responsible tourism. The goal of SMF is to enhance the lives of the individuals in the local communities where we operate – by increasing their human capital and providing them the tools to overcome the constraints of poverty.
Founded by Mr. Sokoun Chanpreda, a Cambodian businessman who returned from overseas to invest in the future of his country, the SMF is guided by his philosophy of Open Doors, Open Hearts. The Foundation operates today in the three core areas of education, healthcare and direct assistance.
Shinta Mani’s community activities began in 2004 with the opening of the Shinta Mani School of Hospitality on the grounds of Shinta Mani Siem Reap, a boutique hotel owned by Mr Sokoun. This innovative program, which received international recognition for its efforts, trained underprivileged Cambodians in aspects of world-class hotel operations on a free of charge basis-providing them the skills to secure employment and to enjoy a brighter future. Since 2004, more than 229 Khmer students have graduated from the Shinta Mani School of Hospitality and still enjoy employment in the immediate township and local countryside.
Make a Difference
Our ‘Open Doors, Open Hearts’ CSR package enables guests to visit the Foundation and see the work they do first hand and to make a difference with a water well donated under their name. Guests will also meet some of the graduates of the School during their stay who are employed at the trendy Shinta Mani Angkor – an exquisite Bill Bensley-designed boutique resort comprising 39 rooms, located in the leafy French Quarter of the city between the Royal Gardens and the Old Market area, just footsteps from the river and 15 minutes from the magnificent UNESCO World Heritage Temples of Angkor Wat.
Your experience also includes a full day tour to the Angkor temples complex, a visit to the Green Gecko project with a rice donation to an orphanage, a village visit lead by Shinta Mani Foundation with a donation of a water well to a family, a dinner with show at Bambu Stage Siem Reap, a 60 minutes spa treatment at Shinta Mani Spa and a relaxing lunch at Kroya restaurant during your stay. It will be a trip to remember and one that makes an on-going difference for years to come.
Our ‘Open Doors, Open Hearts’ CSR Package includes the following:
- Private round trip airport transfers
- Fast Track Immigration on arrival
- 3 night’s accommodation in Superior Room
- Sumptuous daily breakfast
- A full day trip to Angkor Complex (Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Preah Khan and Ta Prohm) including English speaking tour guide, private vehicle and driver)
- A tour to visit a local village and a water well, donated under your name (available for booking time at least one month ahead, for bookings within that time period we will send a photo of your donated water well donation later). The village visit is led by Shinta Mani Foundation team members.
- A visit to Green Gecko project and donation rice under your name.
- A dinner with show at Bambu Stage to support local community
- An authentic Khmer cuisine lunch at Kroya with free flow of soft drink and beer.
- A 60 minute spa treatment of your choice at Shinta Mani Spa
- Early check in and late check-out (subject to availability)
(*Inclusive all taxes)
PEAK SEASON : 01 – 03 Jan 2019 and 23 Dec 2019 – 31 Dec 2019
USD 1,890.00 per couple
HIGH SEASON : 01 Nov 2019 – 22 Dec 19
USD 1,550.00 per couple
LOW SEASON: 01 Apr 2019 – 31 Oct 2019
USD 1,290.00 per couple
*Rates are net included 2% accommodation tax, 10% service charge and 10% VAT. Additional nights, additional guest sharing in a room or single traveller are available upon request.
A percentage of your daily room rate will be donated by the resort to the non-profit Shinta Mani Foundation created by the owner, to support their health, education and development programmes for the less fortunate in the community. Please visit www.shintamanifoundation.org for more information.
For more information and reservations, please contact Shinta Mani Angkor on:
Tel: +855 63 964 123
Fax: +855 63 761 999