Discover Turkey, a paradise of sun, sea, mountains and lakes. Relax on sandy beaches, enjoy the tranquillity of mountains and pine forests and be inspired by historic treasures from 13 successive civilisations spanning 10,000 years.
Insight Vacations’ leisurely-paced Treasures of Turkey tour offers the chance to swim in the clarion blue–green waters of Adriatic Sea, beat down a bargain at the Grand Bazaar, and take a special visit to historic Anzac Cove for a guided tour of where ANZAC troops fought and now lay buried.
Insight Vacations’ 15-day Treasures of Turkey is priced at $1965 per person, twin share, land only (single supplement priced at $865). Departures available from 14 March, 2010 until 30 January, 2011.
Some of the many highlights include:
- Embark on a superb Highlight cruise along the Bosphorus past Ottoman palaces
- Visit the ruins of St. Sophia and see the city walls in Iznik
- Marvel at the Grand Mosque and Bursa’s greatest monument, the Green Mosque and Tomb
- Visit Ataturk’s Mausoleum and Hittite Museum in Ankara
- Explore the amazing underground houses and rock carved churches of Goreme
- Visit Aspendos, the best preserved Roman Theatre in the world Discover the ruins of Hierapolis and the beautiful ‘Cotton Castle’ in Pamukkale
- Tour one of the world’s finest archeological sites, Ephesus
- Visit Sultanhani Caravanserai
- Tour Kaymakli’s amazing underground city
- Discover the ancient ruins of Perge
- Visit the ruins in Hierapolis and Pamukkale’s white terraces
- Pay homage to Aphrodisias at the Temple of Aphrodite
- Visit the House of the Virgin Mary and Selcuk Archeological Museum
- Visit Pergamon’s Acropolis, Temple of Athena, library and Asklepion
- See the reconstructed Trojan Horse in Troy
- Pay your respects at Anzac Cove and visit the emotive Lone Pine Cemetery in Gallipoli
- Visit the Blue Mosque and Basilica of St. Sophia in Istanbul and learn how to haggle in the Grand Bazaar; the techniques, the pitfalls and how much to pay.
The exceptional quality, unrivalled value and impeccable service provided by Insight Vacations will create holiday memories that last a lifetime.
Source = Insight Vacations